www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Music

About the music in the radio.blog...
I won't speak about Keren Ann and Jamiroquai who are singing about not knowing where they are heading to but about the other hits you can listen on this page! (it's magic, it's radio.blog)

Stanley Clarke and Tony williams are known musician in the jazz/jazz-rock environment. This is from a brilliant album "stanley clarke" 1974... the drums (tony) is amazing. I just love it. www
(oh yeah, it's my dad who were and still is listenning to that...)

Renaud Garcia-Fons (contre-basse) is doing some really pleasant albums, that you can find in the world music section. i don't know so much about him and all his music but this tune is great! www

Fela Kuti, incredible music! it's so african and so funky! here's something i should have put next, an old james brown with fred wesley and maceo parker... some jazz-funk, next to the african funk.
This tune, zombie, recorded in 75-78, was banned by the African government (my source, allmusic.com doesn't say which one, but it's nigeria, right?)

Kenny Garrett, amazing saxophonist! my favourite, he made me love jazz music with this tune "sing a song of song" on his album "Songbook". a turkish friend made me listen to it (i always remember that). in concert, it's so good. and the solo is just to beautifull (ok i stop) www
(This guy played with miles davis)

Porco Rosso.... it's the music from a manga (Miyazaki) composed by joe Hisaishi.... i love the piano part on this one.

Yoko Kanno is also japanese, and also composed for Anime... Cowboy Bebop is one of this jap animation very well done.
her music is so diverse, so cool, so old style sometimes, and so modern on other tune.
this one is a good example of what she is able to do. www

You know Jimmy Hendrix right? well, less known is the album called "blues" and this song is good stuff!

And to finnish, some things you may not find somewhere else!
First, "Muda Osva" is band from Angers, France. they are my studentmates.... so not so famous yet. but what do you think about this song?

and to finish, Josephines. it was a band playing in grenoble, france. "jump, jive and jazz", that was what they were doing and they were doing it the right way! Me and my parents went to see them so many times. what we really love was a tune called "caldonia": there was an amazing scat solo of fabien sanchez, the guitarist-singer of the band, every time different, every time brilliant!
Caldonia - Louis Jordan - (Fleecie Moore?)

"Walk with my baby
She got great big feet
She long, lean, lanky
An had nothin' to eat

She's my baby
I love her just the same
Yeah an I'm crazy 'bout this woman cause
Caldonia..., your name

Caldonia!
Caldonia!
Don't take your big head so hard?
I love ya
I love ya just the same
You know I'm crazy 'bout this woman because
Caldonia..., your name"

No comments: