www.flickr.com

Friday, May 13, 2005

Google Web Accelerator

Isaac Mao :Meta: "I just found that I can use GWA(Google Web Accelerator) in my office. I'm not sure if it's also avaible in my home. I can use it to access BBC news, as well any blogspot sites blocked by China's Great Firewall before. So cooooooooooool. "

More technical consideration on ice.citizenlab.org
"However, even when the connection is made through Google’s Accelerator, the originating IP is passed along to the host. [...] Google’s Accelerator does not provide anonymity and can be sucessful in circumventing censorship if the requested content is already cached by the Accelerator. Since al the traffic is is plain text it can be intercepted by any upstream intermediary (government, ISP, etc..) and any blocking done by keyword will also still be functional."

No comments: