www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 9, 2004

end of the first season

Fisher & Sons: The "Six Feet Under" Fan Megasite: "Gabe didn't OD by accident. He did it on purpose, I think.
Gary: Well, most ODs aren't really just accidents.
Claire: Right. So what can I do as the friend of a person who would do something like that? LIke, I know all the 'I can't save him' stuff, and I went to the websites, and it's all like what you can't do, so what can I do?
Gary: Try not to make yourself invisible.
Claire: This isn't about me.
Gary: That's not a very good start, is it?"
_____________________________________________


Nate: I finally find a woman I want to commit to, and she makes it totally impossible.

Ruth: You think that's a coincidence?

Nate: What's that supposed to mean?

Ruth: Maybe if she made it easier, you wouldn't be so eager. (tastes pasta sauce) I need more garlic. (back to NATE) You've always been bored with the girls you could have, fascinated with the ones you couldn't.
_____________________________________________


Walter: The church rejects homosexual practice as incompatible with Scripture.

David: So, because of their random genetics, gay people should be denied any romantic or sexual love?

Walter: That is liberal claptrap! It's not genetics! It can be overcome!

David: Walter, the only way that you could possibly know that for sure is if it's something that you overcame! (CONNIE smiles.)

Walter: And the only way you couldn't know it is if it's something you're not strong enough to overcome. Are you gay, David?

David: Yes.
_____________________________________________

Tracy: Why do people have to die?

Nate: To make life important. None of us know how long we've got, which is why we have to make each day matter, and it sounds like your aunt Lillian did exactly that.

Tracy: Yes, she did.

Nate: Then you can be happy for her--for a life well-lived. That's the most any of us can hope for.

No comments: