www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Starting our routine in Kunming

With the project starting (slowly but still), we have now a schedule to follow. Originally from 9am to 5pm in our office, working on whatever needs to be done (we are now trying to understand Matlab, and the program already achieved in it. We don’t have much information on what we are running after)... We began this morning our Chinese class. Beginner level (but assuming we know already stuff, which is good), 2 hours. Today was the conversation class, but we’re gonna have class everyday... From 8 to 10am. So yes, one hour earlier, but it’s worth it, I think. It’s gonna cost us 600 kuai (60 euros) which is the price for 1 month but that we will pay just once (as we stayed for 2 and half month in the university, it’s nice).
I gave French “lessons” tonight to R, the English teacher we met in Mark’s cafe. I’ll get a Chinese class in exchange.
I also might get a very small job in a Chinese company of Kunming who needed a French native speaker. How it lands into my hand... I guess I’m lucky. My tutor recommended me. it’s so nice.
Saturday we got bike in Carrefour. Very lousy bikes. Mine broke in the street when leaving carrefour so I got refund and got a little more expensive one (a montwhich looks more resistant but still needed to be fixed). 200 yuans instead of 150.
I had a big ride on Sunday. It was quite nice to see around, but couldn’t found good places to go and rest.
Oh yeah, Friday was the hump concert, and it was nice. Could meet the drummer of the band and get some info. I met some other people which I’ll probably run into in other nights in Kunming.
Wednesday nights are jam sessions in Speakeasy bar. I plan to go tomorrow.
Saturday night, we got an opportunity for a house party but I had a... evening planned with R (=my French student, my Chinese teacher (?)).
Things are getting on my nerves (with my roomates), but I know what I have to do. It takes time, that’s all.

No comments: